How to Make a Simple Butter Sauce Simpler
Treat your noodles with something OTHER than marinara or pesto. Liven up any roasted veggies or protein anytime. Add a new dimension to a grain bowl. Do all of these things with only one ingredient: a savory Epicurean Butter flavor of your choosing.
Making butter sauce is a simple endeavor. By using Epicurean Butter, you simplify the recipe even more. You don’t need to chop or measure those extra herbs or aromatics. All you need to do is melt the butter and whisk appropriately.
Butter sauce recipe
- 1, 3.5 oz container of Epicurean Butter (any flavor could work but we really like Tuscan Herb and Chili Lime for sauce)
1. Place sauce pan on low heat on the stove top.
2. Add one tablespoon of butter at a time whisking all the while until melted. It’ll be more effective to tilt the pan toward you.
3. You’ll know the sauce is ready when all the butter is melted and it smells delicious.
4. Feel free to add more salt, pepper, or other spices to your liking.
Tips for more advanced butter sauces
Additionally, there are two ways you can modify this recipe for a more advanced butter sauce.
Option 1: Thicken your butter sauce
There are a few ways to thicken a sauce. Here are two.
Option 2: Brown your butter sauce
Brown butter sauce takes on a wonderful nutty flavor all its own. The trick with brown butter sauce is patience, but not too much patience. The water in the butter needs time to evaporate, but you don’t want the fat and proteins, or the spices and herbs in Epicurean Butters, to burn. Keep the heat very low and whisk occasionally for five to six minutes until the butter turns brown and smells even more delicious.
Note, if you keep the butter on heat for too long you’ll notice black specs. That’s normal. Just keep whisking!
One last note, if the sauce smells burned, you’ve cooked the sauce for too long. This is especially important when making browned butter sauce with Epicurean’s compound butters. The aromatics are more likely to burn than the fat and proteins.
Let's get social
Tag us at @epicureanbutter on Instagram when you use our flavored butter for a chance to be featured. We love to see how Epicurean Butter helps make your life easier and your food tastier.