Holiday Leftover Ideas
To help you out with holiday food fatigue, check out our leftover ideas, featuring butter, of course.
Oh, bread and butter. You go together so perfectly. If you’ve got bread hanging around after the holidays, you have many options.
- Ham or turkey sandwiches. Don’t forget your favorite sandwich spread--butter!
- French toast topped with Maple Syrup Butter
- Make Roasted Garlic croutons.
- Set-up a bread, butter, and bruschetta bar. Chop up tomatoes and other veggies, set out a variety of butters, and let your guests or family snack on that goodness.
Green Bean Stir Fry
Mix in those leftover beans with your favorite noodle (or rice) into a wok, add just a touch of wine, and a tab of your favorite butter for a quick, tasty side.
Chipotle Corn Soup
Have corn leftover? You can’t go wrong with a chowder, like this Chipotle Corn Soup from the Vegetarian Times.
Really, any leftover meat or vegetables can easily be chopped up, simmered in stock and spices, and enjoyed. Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest ones.
Both mashed sweet potatoes (yams) and your traditional Yukon Golds can easily be turned into a potato pancake, which we like at any time of day. If earlier, we top with sweet butter, and if later, we top with savory butter.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil (or oil or butter of your preference)
- 4 cups potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Warm 2 Tbsp. (give or take) oil in pan on stovetop. Use just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Using your hands, take a small fistful of the potato mixture and form half-inch patties. Set aside.
- When oil is nice and hot, place 2 or 3 potato patties into the pan and fry on each side until golden brown.
Let's get social
Tag us at @epicureanbutter on Instagram when you use our flavored butter for a chance to be featured. We love to see how Epicurean Butter helps make your life easier and your food tastier.